STITCH THERAPY – MINDFUL EMBROIDERY WORKSHOP
When I was a teenager, I first began to embroider, and I was struck by the relaxing effects. It was as if my mind got clearer and my body calmer with each stitch.
Hand embroidery is an ancient mindfulness practice, performed by men and women throughout history. This is because you want to make sure that every single stitch is perfect and in the right place. To do that, you need to concentrate and stay in the present moment.
Embroidery will help you slow down the mind and de-stress. Focusing on the sound, the thread makes as it pulls through the tightened fabric is a wonderful moment to enjoy, rather than focusing on the result and rushing to get your embroidery finished.
Hand Embroidery As A Mindfulness Practice Can Help You:
- Focus your mind and body on the present
- Disconnect from the stressors around you
- Allow your mind to rest
- Fell relaxation in whole your body and mind
- Meditate through art and making something with your hand
- You will be amazed at what you can accomplish when you actively focus your attention on one task and allow yourself to become immersed in your work.
- What to Bring
- We prepare all materials. You do not have to bring anything. Just bring happy open mind
- To buy ticket for this event, click here